How to Install on Deep Channels
Commercial and fleet graphics are probably the biggest sources of income for most wrap shops. These projects are typically repeat-business and high in volume. However, they can also be very risky and costly if failures arise. So in addition to choosing the right products for the project, the right techniques must be used to ensure that the graphics will last.
In this episode of Tech on the Road, I’ll show you the Cut & Drop Method, a fast and easy way for installing on deep channels in commercial and fleet projects.
Steps for the Cut & Drop Method
- Apply vinyl cutting tape in the channel.
- Squeegee your vehicle wrap film on inner and outer edge of the recessed area.
- Stop a few inches short of the channel, and then seal the outer edge.
- Cut on the outer edge and squeegee the film into the recess.
- Secure the vinyl film with heat and pressure.
- Cut the film and remove the excess.
- Post heat to finish.
For more info on techniques to install on deep channels, visit Tips and Tricks #48: How to Install on Deep Channels – Cut and Drop Method.
Great hands on video. Keep up the great connections with all your techniques.
Bonnie Lenzen / Fellers
nice tape with line inside!! well done